When it comes to taking care of your large lawn or garden, there isn’t any alternative to watering it regularly. But watering manually seems difficult. So Rainbird has introduced their 1800 series sprinkler heads to make this watering process automated and convenient for you.
In this article, we will cover everything about the 1800 series sprinkler heads. These sprinkler heads can water the whole lawn area, and you don't have to do much. Relying on this automated thing definitely makes our daily life much easier.
Features of Rainbird 1800 sprinkler heads
Talking about Rainbird sprinkler heads, you need to mention the 1800 series. It is one of the tops and well-functioning sprinkler head series. The users love to rely on the series because of some noteworthy features.
There are several models of sprinkler heads available in the series, and combining all these models, there are some common features.
- These sprinkler heads have co-molded wiper seals.
- You will find the check valve pre-installed here.
- It comes with a universal female thread nozzle.
- The stainless steel parts are corrosion-resistant.
- The sprinkler heads come with a three to five years service warranty.
Rainbird sprinkler heads feature a minimum of 15 psi of water pressure and a maximum of 70 psi of water pressure. With the co-molded wiper seal, the heads become extremely resistant to pressure, grit, and environment.
When buying an 1800 series sprinkler head, you don’t need to worry about the lifespan. As the heads included corrosion-resistant stainless steel parts and UV-resistant plastic construction, it always prolongs the lifespan.
The warranty service varies from three to five years. However, it depends on where you have bought the sprinkler heads. Buying directly from the manufacturing brand will provide a longer service warranty. And buying from a third party might reduce this warranty time.
If you can use the sprinkler head in any type of soil, it would reduce the cost as you don’t have to buy a new one again. With sprinkler head 1800 series, it is possible. The heads have precision-controlled flush at pop-down, which clarifies the debris from the unit and ensures having a positive stem retraction on any soil type.
The sprinkler heads also come with a two-piece ratchet mechanism. It is necessary to increase the durability of the system. It is possible to have easy nozzle pattern alignment through this double-piece ratchet mechanism, which enhances durability.
Reviews of Rainbird 1800 sprinkler heads
1. Rainbird 1800 Series Pop-Up Spray Head with Seal-A-Matic
- It comes with 45 psi of water pressure.
- It is a 4 inches sprinkler head.
- It weighs around 4.3 ounces.
- There is a built-in patented PRS pressure regulator available into the stem.
- It comes with Rainbird Flow Optimizer technology.
- It has a Seal-A-Matic check valve.
- It saves water and money by restricting water loss up to 70%.
- It is compatible with all Rainbird plastic spray head nozzles.
- The spray head comes with a spring.
2. Rainbird 1800 Series Pop-Up Spray Head Without Nozzle
- It is a 6 inches pop-up spray head.
- The head weighs around 5.6 ounces.
- The manufacturer used time-proven, UV-resistant plastic.
- It also has corrosion-resistant stainless steel parts.
- With the use of a strong stainless steel spring, it provides reliable stem retraction.
- It has side and bottom inlets.
Different models in Rainbird 1800 sprinkler head series
As you have already known that Rainbird 1800 series sprinkler heads have different models and before buying, you need to have an idea about these models. There are a total of five different models included in the series. They are classified depending on the pop-up height.
- 1802 model: It has 2 inches or 5.1 cm. of pop-up height.
- 1803 model: It has 3 inches or 7.6 cm. of pop-up height.
- 1804 model: It has 4 inches or 10.2 cm. of pop-up height.
- 1806 model: It has 6 inches or 15.2 cm. of pop-up height.
- 1812 model: It has 12 inches or 30.5 cm. of pop-up height.
However, two more popular pop up sprinkler head series are available in RainBird. One is the 1800 SAM series, and the other one is the 1800 PRS series. Both these series have three models including, which include 1804, 1806, and 1812.
If you want to find portable misting sytem fot hot weather condition see this post.
How to adjust Rainbird 1800 sprinkler heads
Before the sprinkler head is ready to water the lawn, you need to adjust it properly. And there are some steps, which will ease the adjusting process.
- Move the center cap all way to the right on the rotor cap until it stops.
- Then move it to the left until it stops and fixed it there.
- Adjust the watering direction by moving the sprinkler head using hands.
- Take the help of a flat-bladed screwdriver to adjust the spray distance.
- Adjustable sprinkler heads require collar twisting to the left or right end.
- Now shut off the sprinkler.
- Grip the nozzle using pliers and twist it in the left direction.
- Take out the filter screen and clean it.
- Lastly, put the filter screen back in its place and put a new nozzle on.
Benefits of using Rainbird 1800 sprinkler heads
There are many reasons for selecting Rainbird 1800 series sprinkler heads over other brands' sprinkler heads. Now let's talk about the benefits these sprinkler heads offer.
- It saves both time and money for the user.
- The sprinkler heads are durable and long-lasting.
- You can apply custom watering patterns to the lawn.
- It also does the whole job in an eco-friendly environment.
- The lengthy warranty service isn’t common in other brands.
How to clean Rainbird 1800 sprinkler head
These sprinkler heads make the big lawn look green and fresh throughout the whole day, week, month, and year. So don't these heads require cleaning? Yes, they do, and there are simple cleaning steps.
- Pull the sprinkler head out of the housing.
- Clamp it using pliers ensuring the sprinkler doesn’t come off the housing.
- Remove the filter from inside the sprinkler line using pliers again.
- Take a soft cloth to remove any dirt or debris.
- Now turn on the sprinkler system to clean inside properly.
- Now, put the things back in place to finish off the task.
1. How far does a Rainbird 1800 sprinkler head sprays?
Ans: Typically, a Rainbird 1800 sprinkler head sprays around 8 to 15 feet.
2. How many gallons per minute does a Rainbird sprinkler head use?
Ans: Rainbird sprinkler head uses around 2.1 gallons per minute.
3. Does Rainbird 1800 sprinkler head come with spring?
Ans: Yes, Rainbird 1800 sprinkler head comes with spring.