Whether for giving your lawn a new shape or cleaning any kind of mess around your house yard, you always feel the dire necessity of having some authentic blade tools. It is quite normal to be confused regarding the tools you need to pick up for cleaning all the mess.
To help you out with the best tools that would bring forth great benefits while cutting or cleaning grass and weed, throughout this whole article, we have gathered the seven best swing blade tool suggestions that are worth being on your list.
Along with the tool recommendation, we have also added a short buying guide section and answered some frequently asked questions regarding different blade tools. In case you are interested, you had better give it a look.
Among all the seven items, this AMES 2915300 Double Blade Weed Grass Cutter with Hardwood Handle will remain as our top pick on the list.
Here is the shortlist of all the items that we have gathered here-
What are the differences between Sickle and Scythe?
Although both the tools are agricultural items, there are some major differences between these two. In case you are interested in finding out the differences between these two, let us move forward with the differences-
The sickle will have a curved blade type. This type of blade will allow you to cut the mess with a free-hand, meaning you will need to move only forward cutting your precise things. On the other hand, Scythe will also have a curved blade. But this type of blade will not allow you to cut or clear out the mess with a free-hand. You need to make forward and backward swings at the same time to clear the grass, drench, and over-grown mess.
A sickle will have a shorter handle, whereas a scythe will have a longer handle. As a result, you will be able to cut with a sickle only in the front. Whereas with the scythe you will be able to cut your precise mess both by making a forward and backward swing.
You can use the sickle as you want in different directions, whereas a scythe can only be used by making back and front swing only.
With a sickle, you need to take a break now and then, whereas, with a scythe, you can move forward without taking a break.
Best Swing Blade tools
AMES Double Blade Weed Grass Cutter with Hardwood Handle
Double-edged cutter with a proper hardwood handle.
Best fiber-glass handle.
Solidtools Weed Cutter, Sling Blade with Fiberglass Handle
Double-edged cutter with an ergonomically designed fiber-glass handle.
Best for ditches, forests, and fields.
True Temper Deluxe Weed Grass Cutter
Strong steel brace with double bolt connection and double –edges serrated blade.
True Temper Grass Whip with Double-Edged
38 inches long hardwood handle and double-edged blade.
Best short distance aquatic weed cutter.
Weed Razer Express - Aquatic Weed Cutter for Lakes, Ponds & Beaches
25 feet long rope with 30 inches long cutting path.
Best long-distance weed cutter in the water
Jenlis Weed Raker, Weed & Grass Removal Tool for Lakes, Ponds & Beaches
43 feet long rope with 37 inches cutting path.
Craftsman Gas-Powered String Trimmer
25cc gas-powered engine with more stability.
1. AMES Double Blade Weed Grass Cutter with Hardwood Handle
Are you looking for a blade tool for clearing out overgrowth, ditches, and fields? This Double-edged blade cutter from Ames should be a great inclusion. This cutter includes a double-edged serrated blade, allowing you to cut the grass both forward and backward. The inclusion of strong tempered steel braces will ensure that the blades never fall off from the brace. As the handle, this one uses strong hardwood, allowing you to cut grass more precisely and comfortably. On the hardwood handle, there will be an eye-hole, allowing you to store the cutter conveniently when not in use. When efficiency, comfort, and less stress is your primary concern, this swing blade cutter should be a great companion of yours.
- Brand: Ames.
- This swing blade cutter is suitable for clearing out ditches, overgrowth, and fields.
- The double-edges serrated blade will be handy while clearing grass both backward and forward.
- The hardwood handle is strong and comfortable enough to provide you with the best experience.
- The inclusion of an eye-hole on the handle creates a better option for storing.
2. Solidtools Weed Cutter, Sling Blade with Fiberglass Handle
This one is another double-edged weed cutter from Solidtools. One of the main reasons you should have this one is its long fiber-glass handle. The ergonomic design of the handle enhances the comforts of cleaning all the rough weeds and grass with more comfort. The double-edges serrated blade, on the other hand, will ensure both productivity and efficiency, allowing you to cut both backward and forward. As the material of the blade, this one uses rich Carbon steel, making the blade durable and long-lasting at the same time. For all the farmers, gardeners, and landscapers, this one should be a great item to be included in your collection.
- Brand: Solidtools.
- This cutter is suitable for farmers, gardeners, and landscapers.
- This cutter has a long fiber-glass handle, which is strong and durable at the same time.
- The ergonomic design of the handle will ensure perfect comfort and productivity while cutting grass or weed.
- This one also includes a double-edged serrated blade making the cleaning process more efficient and precise.
- The rich carbon material of the blade is strong with heat treatment.
3. True Temper 2945000 Deluxe Weed Grass Cutter
You might have heard about True Temper when it is about finding a quality tool. This one from True Temper is also not an aberration. Like the previous two, this one is also a double-edged serrated blade, meaning you will get the efficiency of clearing mess both with backward and forward stroke. The durable steel braces with a double-bolt connection will ensure that the blade remains intact even if you are pushing hard. As the handle, this cutter uses 30 inches long durable hardwood, which is comfortable for a precise and efficient cutting. In case you are looking for a swing blade cutter for cleaning ditches, fields, or forests, this one should be an ideal option to pick up.
- Brand: True Temper.
- This cutter also includes a double-edged serrated blade, allowing you to cut ditches both with the back and forward stroke.
- The durable steel brace is tied up with a double-bolt connection, making it tight and intact.
- This cutter has a 30 inches long solid wood handle, which is durable and comfortable at the same time.
4. True Temper 2942600 Grass Whip with Double-Edged
This one from True Temper with a Golf-club like setup should be a worthy item if you are looking for a grass whip to clean out all the mess in your side yard. This one also comes with a double-edged serrated blade, but the design of the construction obviously differs from the previous three. When you have long over-grown grass or ditches around your side yard, you will easily be able to cut all the tall growth with a double-edged stroke. The handle of this cutter is 38 inches long and made with rich hardwood. That means anyone with a height of 5.4 and above will be able to cut the mess precisely. There is also an included hole on the handle, allowing you to store the cutter more proficiently.
- Brand: True Temper.
- The design of the cutter is more like a golf club.
- This one also includes a double-edged serrated blade, allowing you to clean grass, weed, or ditches with more dexterity.
- This one has 38 inches long hardwoods handle, making the cutter suitable for anyone with a height of 5.4 and above.
- You will be able to store it anywhere with the included hole on the handle.
5. Weed Razer Express - Aquatic Weed Cutter for Lakes, Ponds & Beaches
Clearing out the nearby water weeds of your lakes may not be the easiest task to accomplish. With this one from Weed Razer, this is going to be a no matter of concern at all. This razor has a V-shaped head, making the cutting process more convenient and easier. This razor will also ensure a precise cutting with the 30 inches long cutting path. You will get a 25 feet long rope with the purchase so that you can throw the rope to the destined distance for a precise cutting. With the purchase of this item, you will also get an instruction guide and blade covers for a convenient setup. The cutting process is more than easier. You just need to throw the rope into your lake and reel back the rope for a precise and clear lake-shore.
- Brand: Weed Razer.
- This cutter has a V-shaped head and 30 inches long cutting path, making the cutting process easier and more convenient.
- With this item's purchase, you will get a 25 feet long rope for distance clearing.
- The inclusion of blade covers will ensure the blade’s safety.
- The instruction guide will be handy for a convenient setup.
6. Jenlis Weed Raker, Weed & Grass Removal Tool for Lakes, Ponds & Beaches
This one is another Weed raker from Weed Razer, and this one is also for lakes, ponds, and beaches. Though the previous one and this one both are for clearing out water mess, this one would be more suitable for extreme uses. You will get a 43 feet long nylon rope with this item's purchase, which is a great distance to be cleared. Besides, the head of the rake is around 37 inches in width, allowing it to cover a large area to be cleared. You will also get four sectioned handle that can be extended up to 11 feet, making the cleaning process more convenient. Finally, the powder-coated aluminum finishing of the handle and head will ensure that the head and handle are durable to withstand any rough weight and pieces in the water.
- Brand: Weed Razer.
- With this item’s purchase, you will get a 43 feet long nylon rope for distance clearing.
- The head of the razer covers around 37 inches in width, allowing you to enjoy a precise and deep cleaning.
- This item includes four sectioned handles that combinedly will reach around 11 feet.
- The head and handle tend to be more durable and long-lasting with the aluminum powder-coated finishing.
7. Craftsman Gas-Powered String Trimmer
Looking for a grass trimmer that would save your precise time and increase efficiency? Choosing this one from Craftsman should be ideal for you. This particular item includes a gas-powered power engine that is lightweight and enough powerful (25cc) to produce the energy required. The straighter shaft of the whacker will be handy to trim unnecessary grasses more conveniently. This one also includes an adjustable handle, allowing you to get less vibration possible. Finally, the easy-assembling process with the easy-start technology, this one should be an ideal choice for trimming grass with comfort.
- Brand: Craftsman
- This one has a gas-powered engine (25cc) to produce efficient energy.
- The straighter shaft of the trimmer will ensure precise cutting.
- The adjustable handle will be handy when it is about reducing vibration.
- The easy assembling process will not create any hassle at all.
- This one also includes an easy-start technology, saving your precise time and energy.
Here are some of the essential key features you should be looking at while purchasing a new swing blade tool.
The very first thing that you should not miss looking at is the material of the blade. The material of the tool demonstrates whether you are going to get a precise cutting experience or not. It is always better to choose a swing blade tool that has a stainless steel blade. Besides, the sharpness of the blade is another most essential thing that you should look at.
Another thing that might provide benefits on the field is choosing a double-edged blade. When you have a double-edged swing blade, you can cut more precisely both with the backward and forward swing. That means you will get more benefits with a single item. When you are thinking about clearing out your yard, forest, or drench, make sure you are choosing a double-edged blade.
Another most essential aspect that you need to consider is the handle of the blade. There are two most common types of handles that you would notice while buying a new swing blade tool. The first kind of handle is made with hardwood, whereas the second type of handle is made with fiber-glass. Both are convenient if you know what you are choosing. Hardwood handles are more convenient for moderate swing, whereas fiber-glass handles will provide more convenient gripping. Whatever types you are choosing, make sure that it has enough length so that you feel comfortable while cutting or cleaning the mess.
Looking at the cutting path of the blade is essential, especially when you are thinking about purchasing a cutting tool for clearing out the water mess. A proportionate cutting path allows you to cut the water weeds and grass more conveniently and proportionately. In case you are thinking about purchasing a water cutting tool, make sure that the blade has a cutting path at least 30 inches long. Remember that the wider the cutting path, the better it is going to be for you to clean the mess.
The final thing you might look at is whether the tool has a storage hook or not. Having an eye-hole on the holder ensures that you have the authenticity to store the holder when it is not in use. Whatever types of tool you are choosing, make sure that the tool has an eye-hole for a convenient storing system.
You need different cutting tools in different spheres. The tools we have talked about swing blades throughout the article would be ideal when you are thinking about clearing grass, drench, weed, forest, or over-grown water grass. If you are feeling the dire necessity of having a cutting tool, we can assure you that choosing from our list would bring forth great benefits in the long run!