If you want a safe and secure service from your electric appliances, there is no alternative of using butt connectors in the wire. There are heavy gauge, medium gauge, small gauge connectors you can use to splice two or more wires in one place securely.
I have made a long list of butt connectors containing ten products, which are best in quality. The list starts with 330PCS Haisstronica Heat Shrink Butt Connectors. These connectors will ensure strong crimp every time with four different sizes of butt connectors. Don’t miss the buying guide, because you won’t be ready to buy until you read that section.
What is butt connector?
Butt connector is a guard to the electrical wires that connect one wire to another. The main task of a butt connector is to connect two ends of wires and it is used as an alternative to soldering. Soldering is a bit expensive than the butt connector to build a secure connection between two wires.
Before using butt connectors, you have to choose the size of the gauge you need for the wire. There are mainly three sizes and their colour defines them. Yellow is the largest gauge; blue is medium and red is the smallest one. You can use a crimper to complete the operation.
Read More : Radiation Dosimeter Reviews
Best Butt Connectors
1. 330PCS Haisstronica Heat Shrink Butt Connectors
Weight: 13.6 ounces
- The connectors use a copper core with a higher thickness rating
- The translucent heat shrink tubing allows high strength
- They come in four different sizes and colours
- It ensures a firm crimp every time.
To ensure the connection safer than ever, you can take this set of 330 pieces of heat shrink butt connectors from Haisstronica. All the connectors included here use a copper core with a higher thickness rating. The heat shrink tubing is excellent for providing high strength.
This construction also ensures resistance to stretch and minimize mechanical damage. The connectors come in four different sizes and colours. The inner wall of the heat-shrinkable tube has enough hot melt adhesive to ensure waterproof performance reliability. You will get a firm crimp every time because of the thick break.
2. Kuject 120PCS Solder Seal Wire Connectors
Weight: 4 ounces
- There are 120 pieces of wire connectors
- They come in four different colours and sizes
- Crimper and solder iron is not required here
- It saves you time.
Save your time with these solderless and crimp fewer wire connectors from Kuject. The set includes 120 pieces of wire connectors that come in four different colours. You will get 40 blue, 40 red, 30 white and ten yellow connectors. The yellow ones are the largest among these and it measures 6 mm in diameter.
The red connectors measure 2.7 mm and blue ones measure 4.5 mm in diameter. The smallest connector is the white ones and they measure 1.7 mm in diameter. You don’t need any crimper or solder iron to make the connectors work and that saves a lot of your time.
3. ELECFUN 200pcs Wire Connectors
Weight: 9.6 ounces
- These wire connectors are usable for automotive works as well as for home applications
- The set includes 200 pieces
- There are three different types of connectors
- They meet RoHS and UL standards.
You can use these butt connectors from ELECFUN for automotive works, home applications, or occasional purposes. There are a total of 200 pieces of connectors included in the set and you will find them in three different categories. They also come in three different colours, red, yellow and blue.
Eighty-five pieces of red connectors have a gauge of 22-16 AWG. The 75 pieces of blue connectors have a gauge of 16-14 AWG. And you will find 40 yellow pieces with a gauge of 12-10 AWG. These high-quality wire connectors comply with RoHS and UL standards.
4. TICONN 200PCS Heat Shrink Butt Connectors Kit
Weight: 13.5 ounces
- The connectors come with a thick tinned copper barrel to resist corrosion
- It has high 3:1 shrinkage tubing
- There are three different types of connectors
- They are usable in wire AWG from 22 to 10.
The connectors included in the set of heat shrink butt connectors from TICONN can hold the wire tight when it is crimped because each terminal features a thick tinned copper barrel to resist corrosion. The insulation tubing has a unique dual-walled design. The high quality 3:1 shrinkage tubing has a heat-activated sealant lining that provides 360 degrees secure seal.
You will find three types of connectors in the set in three different colours, red, blue and yellow. The red butt connectors have a gauge of 22-16 AWG, blue ones have 16-14 AWG and yellow ones have 12-10 AWG.
5. Wirefy Crimping Tool Set
Weight: 3.2 pounds
It includes eight pieces of crimping tools
There is one ratcheting crimper
There are six interchangeable dies
The set includes one precision wire cutter and stripper.
Make proper uniform crimps every time with the precise ratcheting mechanism of this crimping toolset from Wirefy. It works with heat shrink, insulated and non-insulated nylon, and open barrel, ferrule and flag terminals. The crimper can crimp the entire area of the terminal barrel.
You can effortlessly cut and strip your wires with a professional wire and stripping tool. You will get an adjustable compression wheel in the crimper. There are eight pieces of tools in the set including one ratcheting crimper, six interchangeable dies, a precision wire cutter and a stripper.
6. 50pcs Solder Seal Wire Connector
Weight: 0.9 ounces
- The set includes a total of 50 pieces of wire connectors
- They come with a shrinkage ratio of 2:1
- All the connectors have transparent sleeves
- The solder and hot melt adhesive are waterproof.
You will get an easy one-step connection of wires, both insulated and sealed. You will get a total of 50 pieces of wire connectors in this set in four different colours, red, blue white and yellow and the wires are constructed with polyolefin tubing with solder inside.
These high-quality wire connectors comply with all relevant European standards and come with a shrinkage ratio of 2:1. The transparent sleeve provides precise inspection when you strip and insert wires inside. The solder and hot melt adhesive inside are entirely waterproof and it prevents the cables from corrosion.
7. Haisstronica 200PCS Solder Seal Wire Connectors
Weight: 6.4 ounces
- It is set of total of 200 pieces of wire connectors
- The connectors are waterproof
- The construction of the connectors save them from abrasion
- Each connector has enough solder around.
You can guarantee an improved waterproofing performance from these solder connectors from Haisstronica. They come with outer polyolefin tubing and hot melt ring inside. You will find a total of 200 pieces of wire connectors in the set, which is a blue colour. The waterproof construction of the connectors protects it from abrasion.
The manufacturers have used enough adhesive and made it weatherproof. You can control the temperature and connect the product even in a confined space with only a heat gun. They have used enough solder around than other wire connectors.
8. 540 PCS Wirefy Heat Shrink Wire Connectors
Weight: 2 pounds
- The connectors come with thick copper barrel
- The set includes a total piece of 540 connectors
- The shrinkage ratio is 3:1
- There are three industrial sizes include in the set.
Ensure a strong wire crimp every time with the thick copper barrel of the wire connectors from Wirefy. The set of wire connectors comes with 540 pieces; where there are three standard industrial sizes are included. You will find ring, fork, hook, spade and butt splice heat shrink wire connectors.
The pure tinned copper construction of the connectors allows protection against corrosion. There will be an increased current flow and no voltage drop. The brazed seam barrel doesn’t split when crimped and the wire will not come out. It ensures rock-solid crimps and the shrinkage ratio of these connectors is 3:1.
9. Class A, 660 PCS Heat Shrink Butt Connector
Weight: 2.6 pounds
- The connectors are usable in wire AWG from 22 to 10
- The shrinkage ratio is 3:1
- They have a thicker copper barrel
- They come in dual-walled design with polyolefin tube.
You will get excellent protection from the connectors of this set. It is a set of 660 class A wire connectors, where yellow, blue and red pieces are included. One hundred twenty yellow pieces come with 12-10 AWG, 270 blue pieces come with 16-14 AWG and 270 red pieces come with 22-18 AWG.
All the butt connectors included in the set have a thicker copper barrel that securely holds all the wires in place. They come in dual-walled design with polyolefin tube. The manufacturer has used hot melt adhesive inside to ensure extended protection. The shrinkage ratio of these connectors is 3:1.
10. Sopoby 580 PCS Heat Shrink Connectors Electrical Terminals Waterproof
Weight: 2 pounds
- It is a set of 580 wire connectors
- It includes four types of terminals
- The connectors come with seamless copper barrel design
- The shrinkage ratio is 3:1.
Grab this multipurpose electrical connector set from Sopoby that comes with a total of 580 connectors. The set includes 90 pieces of butt connectors, 285 pieces rings in four different sizes, 120 pieces of male and female spades and 85 forks.
The shrinkage ratio of these connectors is 3:1. You can use them in marine, automotive, outdoor or even in a harsh environment. The seamless copper barrel design of these connectors provides high tensile strength and extreme stretch and resists mechanical damage. You need no soldering kit to put your wire inside these connectors.
You need butt connectors to make the connection of wires secure in your house, working place or anywhere you want. So you probably need to ensure the quality of these connectors and that’s this section is very crucial for you.
The construction: If the wire connectors you are buying have a copper barrel design, it will make the wires stay secured inside with a corrosion-resistant guarantee. A dual-walled design will improve the durability of the connectors.
Gauge size: There is a wide range of gauge size you will find in the market while you are looking for wire connectors. Typically the gauge size ranges from 22 to 10 and the size should be written on the surface of the connectors for easy identification.
A set of different terminals: Except butt connectors, a set of wire connectors can have forks, rings and spades included in it. This will be very beneficial for multitasking.
Water-resistant: In a simple sense, water-resistant butt connectors will keep the wires safe from harsh weather conditions and increase the durability of the product. It also decreases the chances of short circuits and unwanted electrical accidents.
Insulation system: The connector you are using must have the excellent insulating ability. Because when the environment becomes warmer, it will also affect the wire and if the insulation system is not good, you might be lying in risk short circuits.
Easy to use: There are butt connectors found that doesn’t require any crimper or solder to put the wire inside. This feature saves your valuable time and the extra cost for buying these supporting kits.
Read more : Welding Electrode Holder Reviews
How do butt connectors work?
To use butt connectors (video) to ensure a secure connection is not a very difficult task if you proceed accordingly.
- Take the two wires you want to connect and then strip both of their ends using the stripper tool. It would be best if you did not strip more than a half size of the connector you are going to use.
- Now you will see several thinner wires in there and twist them without making any delay.
- There are three different sizes of butt connectors, yellow connectors are 12-10 gauge, blues are 16-14 gauge and red ones are 22-18u gauge. You need to select a suitable size for your wires.
- Now insert the opposing ends of the wires and take the crimper tool in hand. Place the connector in the spot of the crimper indicated by the colours.
- At last, crimp the butt connector and check whether the connection is secured enough or not.
Types of butt connectors
There are mainly two categories of butt connectors, insulated and non-insulated. And there are three more sub-categories of insulated butt connectors.
- Insulated butt connectors: Connectors in this category comes with insulated covers to protect the wires from corrosion and abrasion. Depending on the type of covers, I have categorized into three types. They are vinyl; nylon and heat shrink butt connectors. The size of these connectors ranges from 22 to 2 gauge.
- Non-insulated butt connectors: These butt connectors are less safe than insulated butt connectors and you need to wrap it with tape or heat shrink tubing after crimping to prevent any short circuit. These connectors come in 22-18 gauge to 3/0 gauge size.
Now I think you are no more worried about the safety of your electrical devices as I have suggested some excellent collection of butt connectors. Use the right part of the crimper to crimp the connectors after inserting the wires accordingly.